Our annual county convention is set for April 24, beginning at 7 p.m. in our unofficial HQ, Tobacco Road Brewing Co. on Jones St. As the largest and most active Libertarian affiliate, Wake LP is leading the way in showing the state how we can Wake Up Liberty across North Carolina. Come join us, meet old friends, make new ones, join in the lively discussion, and enjoy great beer and free food.
Here’s the agenda:
1. State of the Party Address by David Ulmer, WakeLP Chair
2. Financial Report by Brad Hessel, WakeLP Treasurer
3. Keynote: Liberty at Wilmington. Matt Clements, Co-chair of the LPNC convention committee, will give us the exciting news about the 2019 Libertarian Party of North Carolina State Convention to be held May 31 to June 6 at the University of North Carolina - Wilmington. Book your Early Bird Package now before prices change in April.
4. Consideration of proposed changes to the Plan of Organization. Following a brief discussion will move to an up or down vote.
5. Election of officers for 2019-21: chair, vice chair, secretary, treasurer, and one at-large member. If you are interested in any of these positions, please contact someone on the executive committee.
6. Election of Delegates to the State Convention. We have 52 delegates, the largest county delegation in the state.
7. Consideration of a resolution to close Libertarian primaries, by Brian Irving.