“All politics are local.” OK, maybe not literally…but for sure most of the policy decisions that affect your life every day—property and sales taxes, zoning and rules concerning what you can do with your home or apartment, transportation, education, etcetera—are promulgated and enforced by local officials.
Help WakeLP influence these decisions so as to afford you more choice! We are an all-volunteer organization, but competing politically still requires money. Your contribution will help fund:
- Recruitment and training of volunteers—some of whom may eventually become candidates—to cover all those advisory board meetings and ensure the libertarian perspective is represented
- Outreach efforts at local fairs, gun shows, farmers’ markets, and the like to spread the word
- Phone and direct mail campaigns targeting unaffiliated voters and disaffected Democrats and Republicans
- Infrastructure software (e.g., NationBuilder, registration of our website domain, graphics tools) that enables us to compete with the legacy parties
- Seed money for key Wake County political campaigns
You can make a one-time donation here…and thanks for being willing to do that! Now this may sound strange, but before you pull that trigger, please consider dividing whatever number you had in mind by 10…and signing up for a recurring monthly contribution instead. It may be easier for you not to have to come up with all the money you intend to contribute at once. It’s definitely helpful for us for planning purposes to have a reliable steady income stream. It enables us to take on long-term projects that we might otherwise be leery of because if we can’t complete them due to lack of resources then the entire investment could be a write-off.
Having said that, if a one-time contribution suits you better, no worries…we will deal with it! :-)