The purpose of the WakeLP is to:
- Serve as a local affiliate of the Libertarian Party of North Carolina.
- Maintain a statement of key issues in Wake County and a WakeLP stance on those issues as a guide for Libertarian political candidates and office-holders within Wake County,
- Disseminate libertarian ideas by entering into political information activities,
- Encourage members to seek political offices throughout Wake County, and nominate candidates to endorse during elections for those offices,
- Recognize and promote local Libertarian organizations throughout Wake County,
- Endorse and support Libertarian candidates running for offices on behalf of the LPNC and the national Libertarian Party.